Levels of service on offer
A basic service includes a full system inspection and maintenance (see below for precisely what is included). If you'd like extras like parts cover and emergency call out cover we can include this.
- Breakdown call outs
- Spare parts
We would recommend entering into a maintenance agreement whereby you get one service per year for a fixed fee as a basic level of cover. In our experience this level of service helps prevent the more costly emergency breakdown call outs.
What you get for a basic service
- Volume inspection (to give you an idea when the tank may next need emptying)
- Wash down internal media
- Check chain/belt condition, re-tension if necessary
- Lift and clean pumps
- Change and top-up oil/grease levels where necessary
- Test the pump motors
- Clean and check the operation of the floats non-return and gate valves and all associated electrical connections
- Inspect the pit itself - remove foreign matter that could be detrimental to the smooth running of the plant
- Test the electrics and check the control panel and electrical supply
- Make safe all covers, guards and inspection chambers
How often should I get my system serviced:
It depends on your system and its usage patterns but generally once or maximum twice a year is just fine.
Are an intermediate visual check of the general condition and workings of the plant
Simple and Clear:
We will make things as simple and easy for you as possible - it's in our interest to in the long run. We're happy to answer all of your questions that you might have about your tank and the level of service. Following each visit we will send you a report of our findings together with an invoice for the service. Any minor faults found during the service visits will be fixed there and then. Should we pick up on any major faults, we will notify you and recommend a solution.
Our Service Report includes the following:
- Site details and address
- Tank/treatment plant make and model
- General condition of tank
- Description of service carried out
- Description of any repairs made
- Advice on future repairs
- Advice on effluent levels and when tank should next be emptied
- Condition of drain field (if applicable)
The Service Report is then signed and dated by our engineer, we keep a copy for our records and give you a copy for yours. This serves as a record that you have made a conscientious effort to properly maintain your tank should the Environment Agency make enquiries.
- Desludge Management (This helps to maximise efficiency of plant & keep within discharge consent levels)
- Sampling (Effluent quality samples via accredited laboratories)
What Is Not Included In My Standard Service Agreement:
Warranty, repairs and labour. New components under manufacturer's warranty to be installed at normal rates.